Students can Download Political Science Chapter 3 State Government Questions and Answers, Notes, KSEEB Solutions for Class 9 Social Science helps you to revise complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 9 Social Science Political Science Chapter 3 State Government
Class 9 Social Science State Government Textual Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks with suitable words.
India has __________States and __________Union Territories.
The total number of members of Karnataka Legislative Assembly is ___________
The Karnataka State Legislative Council has__________ members.
The Council of Minister has_________ and__________ power and it is the real Executive.
Council of Ministers, the Chief Minister.
The Governor is appointed by the ________
The State Advocate General is appointed by _________
II. Answer the following questions with group discussion :
Explain the structure of the Legislative Assembly.
The structure of Legislative Assembly is as under :
The maximum number of seats of any Vidhana Sabha or Legislative Assembly should not exceed 500 or below 60. The number of seats in small seats is less, for example in Mizoram and Goa states, there are 40 seats (members). In the Legislative Assembly of Karnataka State the number of seats is 225. 224 members are elected from the people and one from Anglo-Indian is nominated by the Governor. There some qualifications who are to be elected to the Legislative Assembly. The qualifications are:
- He/she should be a citizen of India.
- He/she should have completed 25 years of age.
- He/she should not be employed in any office of profit of the Government.
- He/she should not be punished by any court.
- He/she should not be unsound mind.
- He/she should not be insolvent.
- He/she should possess the qualifications as directed by the Parliament from time to time.
The term of office of the members is five years. The Assembly can be dissolved before the expiry of full term on the recommendation of the Cabinet. The speaker and the Deputy speaker is elected from among the elected members of the Assembly.
Which areas do the member of the Legislative council represent?
The legislative council members represent 5 fields. Some are elected from. the members of the Legislative Assembly, local bodies, graduate constituencies, teacher’s constituencies. The governor nominates some members who are experts in the field of art, Literature, Social Service, Science, Education etc.
Write a note on the qualifications and tenure of the Governor.
The qualifications and the term of office of the Governor are :
- He should be a citizen of India.
- He should not be less than 35 years of age.
- He should not hold any office of profit under the Government.
- He should not be a member of either Parliament or State Legislature. If he is a member of either, he should resign from the post when he is appointed as the Governor.
The term of the office of the Governor is 5 years.
Write a note on the Chief Minister.
The Chief Minister is the Head of the State Government. He is the repository of all the power of the State. He is the Head of the Council of Ministers, the Legislature, and the leader of the majority party in the Government.
The functions an the powers of the Chief Minister :
- He prepares the list of the Ministers and submitting it to the Governor, he forms the Government.
- He acts as the link between the Governor and the Council of Ministers.
- He acts as an advisor to the Governor with regard to nominations to many posts.
- He plays an important role in the formulation of government policies.
- He has the power to Co-ordinate and supervise the working of all departments.
- He allocates departments to the Minister. He can also change the departments allotted to him.
- He has the power to dissolve the Legislature before the expiry of the term.