Students can Download Social Science History Chapter 8 Marathas Questions and Answers, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 7 Social Science helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 7 Social Science History Chapter 8 Marathas
Class 7 Social Science Marathas Textbook Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks with suitable words:
- _______ was the teacher of Shivaji.
- Shivaji killed Afzal Khan with _______.
- _______ Was the commander of Aurangzeb, who defeated Shivaji.
- Dadaji Kondadeva
- Lion’s claw
II. Answer the following in a sentence:
Where was Shivaji born?
Shivaji was born in Shivaneri Durg near Pune.
Who were the parents of Shivaji?
His father was Shahji Bhonsle and his mother was Jijabai.
Why did the sultan of Vijayapura oppose Shivaji?
Because at the age of 19, Shivaji captured Torana Durga, which was under the control of Adilshah of Vijayapura, and he also won Rayagada, simhagada and pratapagada. By this, the sultan of vijayapur opposed.
Who was Shahista Khan?
Shahista Khan was the general of the Deccan province under Aurangzeb.
Where did the coronation ceremony of Shivaji take place? What was the title conferred on him?
The coronation ceremony of Shivaji took place in Rayagada. Shivaji was conferred with the title ‘Chatrapati’.
Name the important Peshwas who ruled, Maratha Kingdom.
Balaji Vishwanath, Bajirao I, and Balaji Bajirao are the important Peshwas who ruled the Maratha Kingdom.
Class 7 Social Science Marathas Additional Questions and Answers
I. Answer the following questions in one or two sentences each:
Who revolted against the Mughals in the Deccan region.
The Marathas revolted against the Mughals in the Deccan region.
Who was the founder of the Maratha dynasty?
Shivaji was the founder of the Maratha dynasty.
Who were the Mavalas?
The Mavalas were the tribal people of the Western ghats.
Name the regions won by Shivaji.
Shivaji won Iinji, Velluru, and a large area of Mysuru Province.
Who were the ‘Ashta Pradhanas’?
There were eight ministers in the court of Shivaji to assist him in administrative matters.
How did Shivaji kill Afzal Khan?
- Afzal Khan wanted to kill Shivaji deceitfully.
- So he invited Shivaji under the pretext of reconciliation.
- Expecting this, Shivaji killed him with Lion’s claw.
II. Choose the right option and fill in the blanks:
1. _______ sent a huge army under The leadership of Raja Jaysingh against Shivaji.
d) Shah Jahan
2. _______ invited Shivaji to Delhi to have a treaty with Aurangzeb.
a) Afzal Khan
c) Shahista Khan
d) Adil Shah
3. Shivaji crowned himself at _______ fort and called himself ‘Chatrapathi’.
4. The first Peshwa of the Marathas was
a) Balaji Vishwanath
b) bajirao I
c) Balaji Rao II
d) Madhav Rao
a) Balaji Vishwanath