Students who are in search of 2nd PUC English Workbook Answers Streams Linkers pdf. First check in which chapter you are lagging and then Download Karnataka Board 2nd PUC English Textbook Answers Chapter Wise. Students can build self confidence by solving the Answers with the help of Karnataka State Board 2nd PUC. English is the scoring subject if you improve your grammar skills. Because most of the students will lose marks by writing grammar mistakes. So, we suggest you to Download Karnataka State Board 2nd PUC English Answers according to the chapters.
Karnataka 2nd PUC English Workbook Answers Streams Linkers
Linkers help us establish our ideas explicitly. They make it easy for us to compare, contrast, illustrate, define and summarize our thoughts and develop a coherent paragraph.
My mother was an extraordinary person and I should speak, above all, of her kindness towards me. But I’ll tell you a secret of mine because I feel somewhat guilty for not having been a happy man in order to have given her a deserved happiness. Therefore I feel I should have been more understanding of her.
Identify the function of the underlined words and mention them in the space given below:
|in order to|
|in order to||Purpose|
Look At The Following Table:
Study the list of linkers and their functions.
|Addition||and, also, besides, moreover, similarly, and then, what is more, such as, then, in addition (to), too, next|
|Time||when, while, as soon as, before, after, till, until, eventually, as long as, since|
|Place||after, where, wherever|
|Reason/cause||because, as, that, since|
|Purpose||in order that, so that, lest|
|Result||so, such, consequently, in conclusion, as a result, in all, thus, finally|
|Concession||through, although, even if, however|
|Manner||as, as if, as though|
|Comparison||as-as, than, not so-as|
|Condition||if, unless, supposing|
Find more such linking expressions.
hence, never – the – less, none – the – less, yet, whenever, notwithstanding.
A) Fill in the blanks with appropriate linkers given in brackets:
1. Aesop is a figure clouded in so much mystery and legend ________ it is difficult to know ________ can be said about him. It is also strange to believe ________ this world-famous man was born a slave in the sixth century B.C. ________ slaves were bought and sold frequently. Aesop’s Greek master gave him liberty ________ he was impressed by his learning and wit.
[because, that, what, when]
2. Alok was happy ________ he was selected to take part in the car race. He gladly went ________ the race was to take place. He was given a car kit ________ he could build the body of the car using small pieces of wood. Alok asked Abhi ________ he would help him. Abhi refused. ________ Alok did not give up; he set out to make the car. [ where, when, so that, however, if]
3. so that;
3. The rains had failed. ________ all the wells and tanks had run dry. ________ overcome the problem the municipal authorities sunk a number of bore wells ________ they could supply water to the citizens. ________ the situation was brought under control. [Thus, so that, therefore, in order to]
2. In order to;
3. so that;
4. In summer, the rumor of a famine swept through the province which was a baseless one. The crops were growing well ________ the weather was perfect for a bumper harvest. ________ on the strength of that rumor, thousands of small farmers abandoned their farms and fled to the cities. ________ of this, crops failed, thousands starved. ________ the rumour about the famine proved true. [and, thus, as a result, but]
3. As a result;
5. There was a king who had one eye and one leg. ________ that he asked all the painters to draw a beautiful portrait of him. ________ none of them could. How could they paint him beautifully with the defects in one eye and one leg? ________ one of them agreed and drew a classic picture of the King, ________ it was a fantastic picture that surprised everyone. He painted the king aiming for a hunt, targeting with one eye closed and one leg bent. [and, but, eventually, in spite of]
1. In spite of;
6. Eating soup in Japan is more dangerous than anything else. ________ eating soup, one must make a fearful noise as it is a sign of appreciation. ________ a European who tries to make such noise will be considered an ill-mannered lout ________ it is not liked by the Japanese hostess. ________ one must be careful in Japan if he/she is offered soup. [while, because, therefore, however]
The main aim is to share the knowledge and help the students of 2nd PUC to secure the best score in their final exams. Use the concepts of Karnataka 2nd PUC English Answers Workbook Answers Streams Linkers in Real time to enhance your skills. If you have any doubts you can post your comments in the comment section, We will clarify your doubts as soon as possible without any delay.